Join Abrigo's consulting team for a free, virtual workshop designed specifically to help community financial institutions jump-start their adoption of the FASB’s CECL standard. Our consultants will show how the implementation practices we used successfully for hundreds of public entities can be scaled to the needs of private and smaller preparers. Attendees will leave with a straightforward view of what's ahead as they tackle CECL, as well as tips for getting started. During the session, attendees will:
- Walk through a live CECL case study from start to finish, using real loan data
- Apply the techniques used by public institutions to address pandemic-era uncertainty
- Learn to address the most common CECL implementation problems, such as lack of historical loss experience, unreliable historical data, or a historical experience that is not reflective of likely future experience
- Understand how to construct a simple, but still defensible and appropriate, allowance practice
- Implement a straightforward qualitative framework
While we will use some of our CECL software tools to illustrate the thought process and best practices for implementation, this session is applicable to institutions regardless of whether they are currently an Abrigo allowance product user.
We regret we cannot provide lunch or after-event refreshments as with a live series, but we can at least offer three free CPE credits. Virtual networking opportunities will also be available between and after the sessions.