Austin, Texas, August 8, 2019 – Abrigo, the leading technology provider of compliance, credit risk, lending, and asset/liability management solutions for community financial institutions, announced that Financial Accounting Standards Board member R. Harold “Hal” Schroeder will be among the speakers at the 2019 ThinkBIG Conference in Orlando, Fla., Sept. 24-26.
Schroeder, who has participated in the FASB’s development of the current expected credit loss standard, or CECL, will lead a presentation titled “Roadmap to the Future: Fact vs. Fiction (on CECL and Other FASB Standards)” as one of nearly 40 educational sessions scheduled over three days during the conference.
Schroeder was appointed to the FASB in 2011 and reappointed to a second four-year term in 2015. He is a CPA who brings over 30 years of diverse experience in investing and financial reporting to the FASB. Prior to joining the FASB, Schroeder was a partner at Carlson Capital, L.P., a Dallas-based money manager.
At ThinkBIG, Schroeder will discuss the FASB’s recent move to extend the implementation deadline for smaller public companies and for all private companies, along with the opportunity the extra time provides to integrate CECL in ways that can help institutions make better decisions enterprise-wide.
The full ThinkBIG agenda is now available at https://thinkbigconference.com/agenda/
Some of the other session topics at ThinkBIG will be:
- Driving Deposit Growth: Who's Responsible?
- Trends in Credit – Panel Discussion
- Loan and Relationship Pricing: How to Compete in a Rising Rate Environment
- Ways to Leverage Stress Testing in The Portfolio
- The Importance and Value of an Independent Validation – How Model Risk Governance Can Help Your Institution
- T Minus 2020: Countdown to CECL Launch
- CECL in 2023: The Future is Closer Than You Think