Mergers & Acquisitions in a CECL Environment
Adopting the current expected credit loss (CECL) model in 2023 will have a significant impact on accounting for acquired instruments and business combinations. ASC 326 changes multiple aspects related to acquired loans – definitions, due diligence considerations, credit modeling, and Day 1/Day 2 accounting. In this webinar, we discuss CECL and business combination misconceptions and challenges, as well as best practices to address them, including credit modeling approaches that fulfill GAAP requirements while minimizing operational burdens.
Watch the recording to learn:
- Current: Purchase accounting and credit losses under ASC 450, 310-10, and 310-30
- 2023: Purchase accounting and credit losses under ASC 326
- How to address changes required by CECL
- Due diligence best practices under CECL
- Day 1 and Day 2 accounting considerations