Credit risk management: Best practices & examiner priorities in uncertain times
Given economic uncertainty, including the potential for a recession, financial institutions can expect their credit risk management frameworks to go under the microscope during their next exam or review. To be ready, it’s vital to understand which processes can ensure that potential underwriting weaknesses are identified and reporting is up to snuff, particularly given the evolving interest-rate environment and the expiration of pandemic relief measures.
In this webinar panel, credit risk experts will walk through best practices for operating in this unique environment and preparing for scrutiny. They will hit on regulatory expectations and tips from what they’re seeing in the field.
The panel will discuss:
- Regulatory/exam expectations
- Signs of at-risk loans and how to plan for modifications
- How to remedy common underwriting weaknesses
- Potential lending process improvements
- Reports and dashboards for managing credit risk