Common ALLL Concerns
In my position at MST, in Business Development, I talk to bankers throughout the country about our area of specialization, the Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses. An accurate and well-founded allowance is key to a bank’s competitiveness, attractiveness for merger possibilities and ability to satisfy its regulators, as well as to its viability and survivability in an economic downturn. It is critical to the health of any bank, from the smallest community bank to the largest international institutions.
The bankers I talk with have similar concerns and comments about their banks, the economy and changes pertaining to the reserve calculation. They also ask many of the same questions when considering implementing our automated ALLL solution, the MST Loan Loss Analyzer. These concerns drive our development at MST, and I suggest that if you are asking these questions about a prospective ALLL solution for your bank, MST and the Loan Loss Analyzer can answer your questions with a resounding “yes.”
- Will the system be compliant with regulations now and in the future?
- Will it really make a difference in my calculation results and provide for time savings?
- Can I make changes to the system/method if I decide to in the future?
- Will it handle my method? (“We are a large institution.” “We have a complicated method.” “We have more than one core system that our information is coming from.” “We like to be hands-on in what we do.”)
- Do we have a solid customer base of all bank sizes?
- Will my information be protected?
- Can I get the system in place within 60 days?
– Sandy Colston, MST Business Development