The Complete Guide to the ALLL
As a result of the allowance for loan and lease loss (ALLL) reserve’s direct tie to earnings and the increased regulatory scrutiny, all institutions must have a comprehensive and defensible ALLL methodology. Unfortunately, many bankers still find themselves challenged with estimating, documenting and defending the allowance estimation. To help those involved in this complex and important process, Sageworks released an e-Book, “The Complete Guide to the ALLL.”
While there are many resources available to help with the loan loss reserve, the comprehensive e-Book contains insight on:
1. How to classify loans as either FAS 5 (ASC 450-20) or FAS 114 (ASC 310-10-35)
2. Best practices for selecting, documenting and justifying qualitative factors
3. How to effectively support a change to the ALLL
4. Challenges and benefits of migration analysis
5. The FASB and IASB proposals and their potential impact on financial institutions
To download this complimentary e-Book, which includes 10 chapters and additional resources, visit: The Complete Guide to the ALLL.
Sageworks also hosts a series of monthly webinars on topics related to the ALLL, stress testing and credit analysis. Access on-demand webinar recordings and sign up for future banking industry webinars.