The Practical CECL track is designed for high levels of defensibility and the creation of an Allowance for Credit Losses calculation that supports other areas in the institution, including stress testing. Attendees will work collaboratively and in a hands-on technology environment to evaluate several loss rate methodologies and execute expected cashflow projections using technology.
This track will cover common data and loss experience issues at financial institutions, and it will produce meaningful credit loss, income statement, and balance sheet projections for use within and outside the Allowance for Credit Loss. Attendees of this track should be comfortable with financial principles and at least willing to learn about modeling principles. SEC registrants should typically attend this track, although non-registrants and non-public entities that want a strongly defensible and extensible Allowance practice will likewise benefit from the Practical track.
The content of this track will be nearly identical to the content of the 2018 CECL Workshops conducted by Sageworks.
- Attendee is comfortable with financial principles and willing to learn about modeling principles
- Will explore various models and segmentation options for a CECL calculation
- Appropriate for SEC registrants and anyone who wishes to establish a more custom and defensible calculation
- Creates an Allowance for Credit Losses practice that supports other areas in the institution
- This track is nearly identical to the content of Sageworks’ 2018 CECL Workshops
- Product used for case studies: Sageworks ALLL