How to Manage Credit Risk in a Recession: A Series Examining Best Practices
Credit risk management is a cornerstone of community banking. How can your financial institution grow while also effectively managing the risk in the portfolio? Many bankers are asking this question right now, given that this could be their first recession in banking or because this recession is so different than previous ones due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In this 4-part webinar series, join credit risk experts as they walk through best practices for operating in this unique credit environment.
Session topics are:
- Part 1: Credit Memo
- How does an economic downturn alter the credit memo's content and process?
- What are the right questions to ask and how can those answers be factored into future recommendations?
- Part 2: Loan Grading
- How should institutions tweak loan grading in the face of a recession?
- How should specific sectors be treated?
- Part 3: SBA 7(a) Lending
- How can this program be used to hedge credit risk?
- What would an institution need in order to get going?
- Part 4: Loan Pricing
- Should pricing vary by loan type?
- How should strategies change during a recession?