How do I register?
What are the conference registration fees?
- Early Bird Registration (November 9, 2020 - January 31, 2021) - $750
- Regular Registration (February 1 - April 30, 2021) - $900
- Non-Banker Registration (November 9, 2020 - April 30, 2021) - $1250
- Government/ Regulator (November 9, 2020 - April 30, 2021) - $700
Are there volume discounts?
- Register 3 from your institution, and up to 3 additional people will receive a $200 discount per ticket. Just register together using the “Add a Group Member” button to automatically take advantage of this discount.
Is there a virtual option?
While we’re excited to offer an in-person event this year, we understand it may not be feasible for everyone. For 2021, we are offering a registration option for both in-person attendance, as well as virtual attendance. In-person participants enjoy the experience of the live sessions, networking, dining, and other social events. Attendees joining in person are eligible to receive the maximum number of continuing education credits and will be able to enjoy the beautiful La Cantera Resort & Spa.
Virtual attendees will have access to all sessions, although some sessions will be live-streamed, while others will be pre-recorded and viewable at any time. Continuing education credits will only be applicable for sessions viewed live as per accrediting body rules.
Regardless of the option you choose, all attendees will have access to the session recordings after the conference, which will be available for three months. The conference app, used for connections and engagement during the event, will also remain available.
Is there a different fee for the virtual option?
No, the virtual or in-person is the same registration cost.
What does the in-person conference fee include?
Three days of education, sessions and networking, mobile app for presentation documentation, and the following meals:
- Three breakfasts (Tuesday- Thursday)
- Two lunches (Tuesday, Wednesday)
- One Happy Hour (Tuesday)
- One Special Dinner Event (Wednesday)
What does the virtual registration include?
- Three days of educational sessions
- Networking through the mobile app
- Presentation materials through the mobile app
- Portal for viewing the streamed and recorded sessions at your leisure
- Portal access for 3 months after the live conference to enjoy the sessions
When does conference registration end?
- Regular registration ends April 30, 2021
What is the conference registration refund policy?
- If you need to cancel your registration for any reason, you may do so using your confirmation portal or by emailing email@example.com. Due to the extenuating circumstances of the coronavirus pandemic, attendees may cancel their registration at any time prior to the event and receive a full refund, or switch to the streamed virtual event. All sessions will be available for streaming for a full 3 months after the conference. If you are sick or exhibiting any signs of sickness, please stay home.
- You will need to cancel your own hotel and travel arrangements. Hotel cancellation at La Cantera must be at least 72 hours prior to arrival date to avoid 1 night's room and tax charge or 50% of total stay, whichever is greater.
What if the in-person conference is cancelled due to COVID-19 regulations?
- If COVID-19 regulations cause us to cancel our in-person event, we will notify everyone by email, and we will transition to a fully virtual event and will transition your registration over seamlessly.
Do I make hotel reservations or does Abrigo do that?
- To reserve your room use the booking phone line or book online. The booking phone number is 855-499-2960. Make sure to let them know you are with the ThinkBIG Abrigo Conference.
- Click here to book online.
- Please make sure that your hotel is refundable. Abrigo is not responsible for non-refundable hotel reservations should we need to cancel in-person due to COVID-19.
- Should you need to cancel, you will need to cancel your own hotel and travel arrangements. Hotel cancellation at La Cantera must be at least 72 hours prior to arrival date to avoid 1 night's room and tax charge or 50% of total stay, whichever is greater.
Can I bring a guest to the evening events?
- Yes, you can. Guest passes are $150 each and grant your guest access to the Tuesday evening cocktail reception and Wednesday evening special dinner event. Passes are subject to availability and are available during registration.
Can I play golf at La Cantera?
- Yes! It's a beautiful course that golfers will not want to miss. Tee times can be made 60 days prior to arrival. At that time, you'll receive the best rate available. Check out the course and make tee times here.
I would like to stay in San Antonio before or after the conference. Could I get the same conference rate?
Come early or stay later to enjoy San Antonio. This special rate is available May 22 - 28, 2021 and is based on availability.
What is the cutoff for hotel reservations to ensure the discounted rate?
- Book by Friday, April 30, 2021. All dates are subject to availability. Use the booking link on the Hotel & Travel page. Book early to ensure availability!
I need to make my flight arrangements. What time does the first event start on the first day? And what time does last event on the last day end?
- The ThinkBIG Conference begins at 8:00 AM on Tuesday, May 25 and ends at 1:30 on Thursday, May 27. Please make sure that your flight is refundable. Abrigo is not responsible for non-refundable flights should we need to cancel in-person due to COVID-19.
Can I see an Abrigo product?
- The ThinkBIG Conference is an educational event. Due to popular demand, there will be optional sessions for demonstrations in afternoon Solution Centers and a Product Discovery Lab. To schedule an individual meeting or demonstration of Abrigo products, just ask any of the Abrigo Team members.
Will there be shuttle service to the hotel from the airport?
No, you will need to make your own transportation arrangements. Taxis and Uber rides are readily available. Expect an average of $25-30.
La Cantera Resort & Spa is approximately 15 miles from the San Antonio International Airport (SAT).
If I drive, how much is on-property parking?
- Self-parking at La Cantera Resort & Spa is included in the room rate.
I can only come for one day of the conference. Can I get a discounted rate?
- We do not offer partial conference rates.
What is the recommended dress for the conference? For the evening events?
- Recommended attire for conference sessions is business casual; networking programs and events is resort casual.
What weather should I expect?
- Though subject to change, historical averages in San Antonio for May include high temperatures in the mid-80s and low temperatures in the mid-60s.
How can I stay up-to-date on all things ThinkBIG Conference before and during the event?
- Continue to check the ThinkBIG conference website for additional information and speakers. A pre-conference email with further details will be sent to registrants with final details in mid-May.
Looking for the Sageworks Summit, MST National CECL Conference or the BAM User Group?
- You are in the right place. The 2021 ThinkBIG presented by Abrigo is the combination of these long-standing industry conferences.
What is the conference cancellation policy?
- If Abrigo had to cancel a program, we would notify registrants via email. Plus, registrants will be registered for the virtual conference. The registrant may receive a full refund by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
What about COVID-19?
- Like you, Abrigo is participating in precautions that should help flatten the curve. Our staff continues to monitor developments regarding the coronavirus in close coordination with the federal government and public health officials. Based on current guidance from the Centers for Disease Control our spring 2021 conference, ThinkBIG is proceeding as planned with precautions in place.
What kind of COVID precautions are you taking?
- Your safety and wellness are of utmost importance to us! Abrigo is working closely with our venue, La Cantera, to ensure we follow all CDC, state, and local regulations and best practices. We understand that everyone has their own comfort level right now. We will offer hand sanitizing stations throughout the conference space, temperature checks upon check-in, will provide masks, social distancing, and comfort level bands to indicate your desired level of interaction.
Is Abrigo a NASBA registered CPE sponsor?
- Yes. Abrigo is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
Will I get CPE credit and how much?
- Accounting CPE Credits will be available during ThinkBIG 2021. The number will depend upon the length of the conference and number of sessions. We estimate up to 14 credit hours per track.
- Fraud and BSA continuing education credits will also be available. We estimate 12-14 hours.
What is the record retention policy for CPE credits?
- Abrigo keeps the documentation for 5 years. Copies of the CPE certificate for each individual with number of units earned are printed and filed as well as preserved in digital form. The information is also saved in an Excel file in the same manner.
Who can I contact with questions that weren’t answered here?
- You can email our events team for help with any of your ThinkBIG conference related questions.